06 May 2008

growing out of it?


Remember when i first got my LCA in Dubai, happily clicking away. Remember when I as back in Singapore with the LCA, everywhere I went, a hipshot or 2 becomes a routine. On the way to work, lunch time, shopping, in the bus, train, in the toilet... everywhere, there was a motivation to shoot.

Has that grown out of me? I mean I still shoot, no doubt, but nowadays, I'm always thinking what to shoot, what's the 'meaning' in shooting that subject. I hardly hipshot nowadays. Always looking thru the viewfinder, looking at what I'm shooting, at what angle etc. It's just not as it used to be, 'carefree', different. Though, I do believe the pics now are much better than what it used to be. But somehow, some aspects just seem to have disappeared. It's sad somehow.


ps. i've sinned. these days, i sometimes dun carry a camera to work.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

u shud carry your pocket size agfamatic.... heheheee

Anonymous said...

Don't be sad. Come look for uncle ndroo ... we'll go do some beer and get inspired.

Don't carry your camera to work ... you boss will be unhappy. Muwahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

No, you should carry your endoscopy SLR and all the tubes that comes with it :P :P :P

Anonymous said...

Not "In your pocket" anymore? =P

ymmij said...

lol.. /faint

Anonymous said...

Cause now you already develop high expectations of urself liao mah.

Time to take off the cobwebs you've spun around yourself~!

Warao I sound so cheem hehe

Anonymous said...

It's a phase some of us go thru every now and then. 101 times I even felt like givin up. I almost 100% gave up on digital, until I took a long break. Nowdays I still shoot digital occasionally.

It does happen often. We shoot, we look at the photos and go 'oh fuck, what's so nice?'. Hehe. Let's change hobby ai mai? We go pick up yoga or ballet?

Anonymous said...

ai!!!! lai leh we go 'ballet' leh